Under 8 Early Intervention
Early intervention can help improve a number of aspects in your child’s dental development.
Early warning signs can include:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Finger sucking or other habits
- Crowded or misaligned teeth
- Poor bite relationship
- Speech difficulty
- Protruding teeth
- Facial imbalance or asymmetry
What are the benefits of an early orthodontic assessment?
When detected early, any of the above problems can be put right with a small amount of effort.
While your child’s facial structure is still developing, this is often an ideal time to implement orthodontic treatment as the jaw is still malleable.
If you have noticed any of the above signs, simply call Bayside Orthodontists. A referral is not required.
Did you know that a straight smile rarely happens by accident?
At Bayside Orthodontists, we understand that many parents wish to help their child establish a healthy and attractively straight smile. While we strongly recommend that all parents bring their children in for orthodontic assessment as soon as possible, we have created a checklist that can help you discover if your child will especially benefit from an early intervention assessment:
Whilst treatment is primarily not required straight away, seeking the professional support of our team will help ensure that your child’s teeth are being looked after during this important development stage and will ensure that treatment is conducted at the most opportune moment.
From monitoring the development of your child’s smile, our team will be able to conduct appropriate treatment to:
- Create room within the jaw for crowded and erupting teeth
- Influence jaw growth to promote healthy facial symmetry
- Reduce the trauma risks associated with protruding teeth
- Make provisions for teeth that are yet to erupt
- Minimise the need for extractions later in life
- Reduce the length of time needed for orthodontic treatment later in life
If you would like to offer these types of benefits to your child whilst also experiencing the financial benefits of early orthodontic treatment, scroll up and fill in our checklist.